Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sew...Another Halter?

Craftstylish Triangle Halter
Thanks to everyone for sending me birthday wishes!  I had a pretty great weekend with my shopping finds on Friday, a great meal out that night, a terrific play Saturday night, and then a surprise birthday party Sunday evening!  Yes, my hubby threw me a surprise party complete with candles, cake, and friends!  Of course there were also plenty of gag gifts including a cane accessorized with a horn, hair dye, and Geritol tablets!  Luckily,  there wasn't a "Lordy, Lordy Look Who's 40" sign anywhere in sight!  I probably would have drawn the line with that.  Anyway, I've accepted that I'm the one who is 40.  It's better than the alternative right?  Think about it.

Sew, what's next?  I've actually started making some graduation presents, but I realized that I can't blog about them since the graduates may be looking.  While I work on those projects in secret, I decided to try making another halter top.  Instead of another one of the Butterick patterns, I am going to try a pattern I found online at Craftstylish. Check out the Super Easy Triangle Halter. "Super easy" hmm?    All I need is 1 yard of fabric, which is cut into a triangle, 1/4 yard of knit fabric for binding, and 1 1/2 yards of ribbon.  The directions seem easy enough.  Of course they all seem easy at first right?  Sew, we'll see.  I'll keep you posted!

Angela




2 comments:

Cyndi said...

That sounds easy enough for even me to sew! LOL!!! I'm sure that after what you went through on your last top, this one should really be easy! We want to see it when it's finished!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Unknown said...

We'll see how easy it is! I promise to post the pics! Thanks.
Angela