Friday, April 23, 2010

Sewing Box Find

I found this, we'll call it 'vintage,' sewing box during my Flea Market Friday! I'm not sure what sort of wood it is made from, but considering it was only $5.00, I'm sure it isn't mahogany. But, I think it is cool and it is a great addition to my sewing/studio/lair!

This evening I started working on the "super easy triangle halter." I'm sure I measured properly the 36" square from which I cut the triangle, but the bottom of the shirt seems super large. The directions state that in order to secure the bottom around you while you are wearing the halter, you tie the two ends together at your back. At this stage, I've tried to tie the two bottom ends of my triangle together and it seems too big and bulky. I'll see what I can sort out with this tomorrow. For now, I'm off to bed. I've been going on about 3 1/2 hours of sleep in that last two days..this is definitely catching up with me. Hmmm, maybe this might have something to do with my triangle measurements???
Angela

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

Cool sewing box, Angela. Are you going to use it for anything other than decoration?

Good luck with the halter. You have a lot more patience than me. That's probably why I don't sew clothes...if I had to alter a pattern to fit me, I'd be in deep trouble! LOL!!

AND...your package is on it's way! Really! I sent it Priority Mail so you should have it by Monday.

XOXO,

Cyndi

Angela said...

Thanks! The box is cool isn't it?! I'm not sure what I'll use it for..probably just decoration.

I finished the halter today; it took a lot of refiguring until I got it wearable. Well, wearable on someone else..not for me, but still it turned out cute. I need to find a model to put it on for a good pic!