Friday, November 5, 2010

My Love Affair Must End

SALT:  A four letter word.  A scrumptious, yummy, lovely four letter word.  I love salt.  Can you tell?  Here is the Wikipedia definition of this delectable mineral:

Salt
Salt, also known as table salt, or rock salt, is a mineral that is composed primarily of sodium chloride. It is essential for animal life in small quantities, but is harmful to animals and plants in excess. Salt is one of the oldest, most ubiquitous food seasonings and salting is an important method of food preservation. The taste of salt (saltiness) is one of the basic human tastes.

Salt is my favorite secret ingredient.  I love how I can taste this heavenly condiment in sweet treats like chocolate chip cookies and homemade vanilla ice cream.  Yum.



And of course there are few salty snacks that beat McDonald's french fries.


Not to mention tortilla chips, popcorn, peanuts, and of course salt and vinegar CHIPS! 


It is with a heavy heart (literally) I now must say goodbye to this divine mineral which adds so much to nearly everything I eat.  You've made so many dishes delish.  My doctor said I must end our affair.  My taste buds will miss you terribly my saline friend.  Maybe one day we will meet again.  Au revoir mon amour.



Toodles for now crafters.

Angela

8 comments:

Marfi-topia said...

oh, i'm sorry it has to be like this !
in a few days you wont need it so much..and you will feel better!
thank you for your visit ...

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh gosh, I hope it's not too hard to give it up!! But, I'm sure it's a lot healthier...I wish you luck with your salt "break up!" I hope you won't have to attend SA meetings...(Just kidding!)

Really, I think it gets easier once you haven't had it for a week...I don't use it, but then, I've always tried to stay away from it, so that's lucky...

(((Hugs))) from me,
Cindy

Annabelle said...

I have a terrible addiction to it as well.When hubby is home he catches me with the shaker in my hand and always tells me pepper is the substitute...I don't agree, I still miss the salt.

But looking on the bright side of this , you can experiment with various spices and hot sauces minus the salt and not retain water and be lighter in weight...haha!

I personally get excruciating headaches from too much salt and discovered in the last few years that MSG does a real number on my head; so yes, do try to cut it out; I'm trying.Good Luck!


Annabelle~^..^~

Kim B said...

Oh my goodness, I dont know what I would do...Good Luck, Kim :)

dree said...

I know I need to cut WAY down on the salt, but one vice at a time! I recommend the Mrs Dash though. It is really good.

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cyndi said...

Oh Angie, I'm sorry that you and Salt have had to break up. I understand how hard that must be for you, but don't worry. With time, it does get easier and I'm sure that there will be another Special Seasoning that will come along and make you fall in love again...and be way better for you in the long run!

Seriously, it's hard, I know, to give up something you love so much, but everyone I know that has had to do it says with a few weeks you don't miss it quite so badly!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Sammy said...

Angela,
I am so sorry that your buddy,Mr salt is out of the window. Take from a veteran who left salt, sugar, and white bread.... it gets better,I used to think, no white bread should left behind, but now I do not even give a white loaf of bread a second look.

good luck.

Love,

-Samya :-)