Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wednesday Wonderisms..It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas? Really?


Hi, my name is Angela and I am addicted to salt.  It has been five days since my last real taste of this most beloved condiment.  I'm doing okay, so far.  I don't believe my family is planning an intervention, but most addicts probably don't believe their families are conniving behind their backs.  Oh wait, yes they do.  Anyway, this salt free lifestyle I have begun leads me to my first Wednesday Wonderism:

Wikimedia.org

1.  If we, as a people, can send a man to the moon, why on earth can't we invent a real salt substitute that actually tastes like salt?  The world is full of ultra smart scientists that build rocket ships, so why then must we turn to Mrs. Dash to fulfill that saline need?  Mrs. Dash, I'm sorry.  I do not like you; you are not worthy...you don't even look like salt. 
While we are on the subject of rocket scientists, why can't they come up with a cigarette that won't kill you?  Just asking.


2.  When you say you want more air conditioning, or cooler air, in your house, do you say, "turn up the A/C" or "turn down the A/C?"

3.  Why must we start celebrating Christmas at the first of November?  Last year one local radio station began playing Christmas music in October!  Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas and despite what my husband says, I am not Mrs. Scrooge, but I think beginning the season so early takes away from the "specialness" of Christmas, not to mention that the Thanksgiving holiday gets a bit of a shaft.   The bottom line is this:  If I am hearing "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" and "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" on the radio on November 1st, by December 24th, I'm "Christmased" out...and may exhibit Scrooge-like characteristics!  Ba Humbug!


CartoonStock.com

What are you wondering about today?  If you want to play, just grab the button and leave a comment telling everyone you are participating!

Gotta run.  I'm busy working on stuff for my first craft fair.  I've been sewing up make up bags, key fobs, and zippered wristlets.  I hope to have some photos to post by the end of the week, so stay tuned!

Toodles for now,

Angela 

6 comments:

Heather said...

I agree on the salt thing. I mean, really, Mrs. Dash just doesn't taste as good as good old salt. I love salt too which is also not good for me either.

I like Christmas to start the day after Thanksgiving. As a child, I liked it Nov 1, but as an adult, I do want Thanksgiving to have it's own holiday.

dree said...

Did you ever wonder if it is coincidental or not that Mr. Krabbs lives in Bikini Bottom...? (Spongebob)

Cortney said...

#1-I have tasted fake salt (by it's self) and it tastes nothing like the real thing...I think it is made out of the same stuff that you give an overdose victim when you want them to throw up. AND, why couldn't they make a cigarette that wouldn't kill you, it would have made my quitting process much easier!

#2 I say turn the air up for cooler air. But I also say turn the heat up for hotter air.

#3 I am about to do a post on this same subject. I saw someone had put Christmas lights up already on their home and I wanted to steal them like the Grinch. However, I am also peeved that I can't find anything for Thanksgiving, like decorations and linens because Christmas has already taken over moss retail stores. AND, last weekend the town we live in put up their Christmas wreaths on the light posts! What the heck! I am like you, if it all starts this early I am going to be done with it before it even gets here.

Amy A said...

hehe, good luck with the kicking the salt habit. I personal never add it to any of my food. Just one of those things, totally unconscious decisions. Anyway, good luck with your craft show! I'm in one this weekend too, it's not my first but totally the BIGGEST one I've ever done. Back to work! :)

Mya said...

You are expressing the thoughts of many, Angela.
Shortly after my husband went on a low salt diet, I figured out why the doctor did not give us a list of good salt substitutes - because there are none.

That being said, I have come up with some things that help - a little, of course it depends on the food you are putting the seasoning. My husband can at least have some, but should be kept at a minimum and nothing from the salt shaker on the table.
So for those that can have a dab of sodium:

Worcestershire sprinkled on food while cooking, or stirred in.

Celery seed, and garlic powder also help.

Wildflowerhouse said...

I like Christmas to start right after Thanksgiving, but like people to have the Christmas spirit year round. I don't ask for much do I... Can't wait to see your creations.