Saturday, November 13, 2010

November Dress & Craft Fair Stuff

Happy Saturday everyone!  I've been super busy the last few days, but slipped away from my studio long enough to get my haircut, grab a cup of coffee and a sweet from Panera and send out this post.  I feel so far behind in what I want to get done for the upcoming craft fair, but I HAD to get my hair done and who can resist a great cup of joe and a chocolate pastry?  Not me! 

Anyway, first is a photo of my November Paper Dress for the Alice and Camilla 2010 Dress Challenge.  Actually, it is a gold and off-white silk fabric that I have adhered to paper.  I embellished the dress with gold and red sticky trim and then I created a sort of "train" for the bottom of the dress.  I'm pleased with how it turned out, especially since this is only my second dress. 

Sort of looks like a bowling pin now...post editing in Photoshop huh?

Next, is a photo of just a few of my wares I hope to sell at the craft fair next Saturday.  I am doing make-up bags, key "fobs," and fabric flower clips (not shown here).  I have never sewn for quantity before.  I am sure I am not stream lined like a lot of other crafters!  I am also positive I shall definitely be diagnosed with carpel tunnel syndrome when I have finished this fair!



A second pastry might make me feel better right?

Toodles for now!

Angela

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh beautiful, have fun and good luck at the craft fair
hugs June xxxxx

Margaret said...

Love your dress! I think it's a cool shape and great textured fabric!
Good luck with your craft sales and and take care of the those precious hands of yours! M

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela! Oh, that is just the cutest little dress. I wish you the best at the craft sale.
I wanted you to know I'm just know posting about the giveaway I won from you! I thank you again. I love all my goodies!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sammy said...

Good luck at the craft fair. Pictures please.

Lots of love,

-Samya :-)

Electra said...

Your dress is lovely. I can't believe this is only your second one. It's so pretty, and a train too!

BadPenny said...

sweet dress

Sandy Ang said...

Your dress is so precious ! Those trims look great defining the shape.

Jeanie Callaghan said...

So completely unique! Great idea

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I actually like the shape of the dress. It is unique. I like the look you got using the fabric on paper. Nice job with your second dress!

I know I'm late getting here, so I hope your craft show went well.