Saturday, November 13, 2010

November Dress & Craft Fair Stuff

Happy Saturday everyone!  I've been super busy the last few days, but slipped away from my studio long enough to get my haircut, grab a cup of coffee and a sweet from Panera and send out this post.  I feel so far behind in what I want to get done for the upcoming craft fair, but I HAD to get my hair done and who can resist a great cup of joe and a chocolate pastry?  Not me! 

Anyway, first is a photo of my November Paper Dress for the Alice and Camilla 2010 Dress Challenge.  Actually, it is a gold and off-white silk fabric that I have adhered to paper.  I embellished the dress with gold and red sticky trim and then I created a sort of "train" for the bottom of the dress.  I'm pleased with how it turned out, especially since this is only my second dress. 

Sort of looks like a bowling pin editing in Photoshop huh?

Next, is a photo of just a few of my wares I hope to sell at the craft fair next Saturday.  I am doing make-up bags, key "fobs," and fabric flower clips (not shown here).  I have never sewn for quantity before.  I am sure I am not stream lined like a lot of other crafters!  I am also positive I shall definitely be diagnosed with carpel tunnel syndrome when I have finished this fair!

A second pastry might make me feel better right?

Toodles for now!



Dezinaworld said...

Ohhh beautiful, have fun and good luck at the craft fair
hugs June xxxxx

Margaret said...

Love your dress! I think it's a cool shape and great textured fabric!
Good luck with your craft sales and and take care of the those precious hands of yours! M

Shelia said...

Hi Angela! Oh, that is just the cutest little dress. I wish you the best at the craft sale.
I wanted you to know I'm just know posting about the giveaway I won from you! I thank you again. I love all my goodies!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sammy said...

Good luck at the craft fair. Pictures please.

Lots of love,

-Samya :-)

Electra said...

Your dress is lovely. I can't believe this is only your second one. It's so pretty, and a train too!

bad penny said...

sweet dress

Sandy Ang said...

Your dress is so precious ! Those trims look great defining the shape.

Jeanie Callaghan said...

So completely unique! Great idea

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I actually like the shape of the dress. It is unique. I like the look you got using the fabric on paper. Nice job with your second dress!

I know I'm late getting here, so I hope your craft show went well.