Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday Wonderisms...Bodily Functions. Oh, And My ATC

First off, let me say "thanks" to all who have sent words of encouragement my way regarding my current struggle with the salt addiction.  I'm taking one day at a time but I'm not counting yesterday.  I slipped, or rather jumped, off the wagon and bought a package of chips from a vending machine at work.  These were not regular potato chips mind you, these were TGIF Friday's Bacon and Cheddar chips.  I polished off the bag in probably under a minute.  I won't admit licking the inside the bag before hiding the evidence in my cube neighbor's bin.  Today is a new day, however, and I am positive I won't be buying any more vending machine chips.  Okay, that said, let's get to today's Wednesday Wonderisms!  Today I'm wondering:

Disclaimer:  If you are offended by bathroom talk, look away NOW, but please return.



1.  Most women know what it means to have to cross your legs upon sneezing, laughing, and coughing.  You know what I mean.  But why now does it seem like the closer I get to the bathroom the worse I have to go?  Even when I get to the toilet, I'm doing the potty dance just trying to get my pants unbuttoned.  I typically start my walk to the restroom long before I feel the need to go just to avoid feeling rushed as soon as I get into the room.  Is there something about bathrooms that trigger brains or bladders telling them you have to go RIGHT NOW?  Curses if there is someone in the restroom running water when I enter!  Is this one of those aging things again? 

2.  What has America come to when there are commercials on television advertising vitamin supplements to help regulate bowel movements?  Sure there have been diarrhea and hemorrhoid medication adverts forever, not mention Jamie Lee Curtis' yogurt (wink wink), but I heard a commercial just the other day in which the non-attorney spokesman actually said the words:  bowel movement.  I can honestly say that in my 40 years of life, I have never heard this said on a commercial. 

3.  Absolutely nothing to do with bodily functions.  What is the difference between retro and vintage?  Is vintage the same thing, only cooler?  Trendier maybe?  I wonder.

What are you wondering about?  Leave me a comment and let me know! 

Next, I want to show you the ATC I made for the Blissful ATC Swap.  I haven't heard from my November swap partner, so I guess that means I get to keep my card!  Sidenote:  If you sign up for a swap or challenge or participatory event, follow through.  It's just the nice and right thing to do.  Anyway, here is my card:



November's theme was "open" or anything you like, so I chose a theater idea.  I named my card, The Show Must Go On.  I hand colored the black and white printing of the man and two showgirls.  I decorated the ladies with some bling and then adhered the print to a piece of sheet music I had ModPodged to glittery scrapbook paper.  I placed a "curtain" at the top and a bit of a scroll at the bottom.  I then stuck an old ticket stub on top of everything.  I really like using the old photos and either coloring on them by hand, like I did here with colored pencils, or doing it digitally, like I did with the photos in my blog header.   

I'm still working hard on my items for the craft fair coming up this Saturday.  I've made some smaller zippy bags and will post some photos of those before the fair, so stay tuned!

Toodles for now!

Angela

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Good Morning Angela okay I have a few questions for you...Why is it that there are never enought ladies toilets. we all know it takes us ladies longer to go so why don't there make the ladies room bigger??? and what with the tiny space in the toilets, sometime they are small you can't turn around in them.

anyway wonderful ATC and I'm so sorry you didn't hear back.. have a great day and don't surrender to the salt....I'm proud of you. hugs wendy

Sammy said...

Hi Angela,
I read your post, and my first impression was OMG , I am not the only one who do the chicken dance before I go to know where, to do what you know what LOL -!!
Your questions are very legitimate , However, I have only one question for you. did you get your parcel? Actually I gave it to my husband to post it , and I really hope he did not mess it up. ;-0
I always say you are one lady gifted with the sense of humor.
take care.

Love,

-Samya :-)

Cortney said...

Hahaha! I definitely think the urgency thing you talked about comes with age.I use to be able to sleep through the night with out a potty trip, but I just can't do it anymore. Oh and I have eaten Activia for the last 5++ years and I swear by it...every morning for breakfast. It's also the only kind I like, it's not sour tasting.

Cyndi said...

I love your "wonderisms" today, Angie! I think we probably all wonder those same things. Also, I wonder why I have to "go" whenever I just pass by a ladies' room...whether I felt the urge or not!

So sorry to hear that your ATC swap partner for November was a "no show". That's just wrong...but you do get to keep that absolutely adorable card you made, so it's her loss!

Can't wait to see the other things you've been making for the craft show!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Little Messy Missy said...

Love the ATC!

antmee said...

toilet troubles is definitely an age thing. I am finding I need to empty more frequently lately and have put it down to turning 40! lol

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh what a gorgeous ATC! And I think the difference between retro and vintage is that vintage is older...I have no idea, but that's what conclusion I've come to...lol
XO

Bonnie said...

Oh I had a laugh Angela!! how funny! The bathroom dance! I know...it's like once your brain tells you need to go, you NEED to go! Heaven forbid anyone that gets in the way! And I don't think it has anything to do with age as my 7 year old daughter does the dance all the way there!!