Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Tea Party Under a Halloween Moon


Welcome to my very first tea party!  I signed up for the party at Frosted Petunias awhile back and I had grand plans for yummy pastries and a variety of teas to be served on my finest china, but...

1.  I am on a diet (save for my hidden-extra-Lion bar), so pastries are not allowed.  Boo hiss.
2.  I do not have any fine china.
3.  I sustained a fairly painful hand injury during my outside Halloween decorating attempt.  Really.

All this said, I still threw my tea party with one super special guest, my littlest daughter, Charlotte, who attended in her finest costume yet, a black and pink butterfly princess. 


Our tea consisted of fruit gushers and Oreos (double stuffed) for Charlotte while I enjoyed (not really) a Kashi bar.  Charlotte decided on the water while I selected the combination white ayurvedic chai and Samurai chai mate tea (from Teavana - love it!).  We used Charlotte's fine china...a la Toys R Us.  Awesome.



I'm sorry to say that I'm not great at seasonal decorating.  This year, I decided to give it a go with the "straw" family my husband bought a few years.  The family has seen better days, but I thought, "what the hey (or straw)," I'll put them by one of the River Birches in our front yard.  Well, I got them positioned and just after receiving a "good job, I knew you had in you" from my husband, the daddy straw man fell over.  As I attempted to  reposition his head, he attacked me.  I sustained a stab wound to my right palm.  Here is the family; if you look closely, you may be able to see the BLOOD that dripped from my hand as I lovingly hammered the heads into the earth!


Even the plastic china, the Kashi bar, and the gaping hole in my hand...my first tea party was a success...for one reason....Charlotte.  Her smile, Oreos stuck in her teeth and all, made it a big hit!

Now, if you want to see some real Halloween Tea Party pros, click over to Anna's place.  You won't regret it!

Toodles for now!
Angela

23 comments:

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Fun party! Little Charlotte looked adorable - and especially happy with her treats. :)

If you haven't already done so, please feel free to stop by my little owl tea party:

http://faeriemooncreations.blogspot.com/2010/10/little-witch-and-owls-halloween-tea.html

Enjoy the parties!
Theresa

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

Your Charlotte is a Sweetpea! What a Perfect Guest for the Tea Party!
Thank You for Stopping by for a Visit! Come back for a Visit Sometime!
Hugs
Jill

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, Angela, your daughter is beautiful!!! What a doll! And I am so sorry that you got hurt...I sure hope you feel pain-free soon...What a lovely tea party and it is so precious!!!
XO

Wendy said...

Delightful. Sorry you hurt your hand, but the tea party is just perfect. The guest had the most wonderful costume. Please come by and visit me for a spell and some magic fun

http://candydelane.typepad.com/curiosities/

Spells and wishes,
Wendy from wonderland

Susan said...

your party was delightful! I hope your hand is better soon...might need a Tetnus shot(if your last one was more than ten years ago) Good luck!

Thank you:)

Peace,
Susan

come visit:
http://piecesoffatesusan.blogspot.com/

Marfi-topia said...

well it looks like it was loads of fun! oreos in her teeth!!that's precious!
and your scarecrows look great.
sorry you injured yourself...take care & have a good day

Wendy Aspinall said...

I'. sorry Im late I got lost somewhere over the smelly bog and witches lane but Charlotte smile was worth my terrible trip and I had a few words with MR straw and he said he won't do that again... I added some magic dust just to be on the safe side.... well pop over if your broom is working... Hugs and BOOS wendy

Cortney said...

That is too cute! I think it was the perfect little tea party.

I see that you have changed your banner again...it's like a whole new page every time I open it. What made you change it?

Unknown said...

I loved joining in on your tea party with your littlest one.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Jane K said...

Your daughter looks like she had a fab party with her mom and the scarecrow family. Hope your hand heals soon.

JoAnne said...

Very sweet tea party Angela. Thanks for having me!

JoAnne said...

Very sweet tea party Angela. Thanks for having me!

Faerie Sage said...

Aww this is so cute! Not all of us can be a Martha, I enjoyed your post because it was true and real, and the smiles didnt hurt.

Lenora said...

As a mom - i am so laughing at your wonderful little post - i think your daughter will cherish these memories more than you know! Thanx! please do come on over to our Tea Party Halloween Tea Party at http://lenorita-lenoramoore.blogspot.com/2010/10/jack-o-lantern-halloween-tea-party.html! My children are included in all or stuff here too!

Little Messy Missy said...

Very sweet!

Michelle said...

What a fun party (except for your injury, of course)! How delightful of your daughter to dress up and loan out her china for the party! Thank you for sharing:)

Petunia said...

Angela I wouldn't miss your party for the world and it just made me smile and smile! Your Charlotte is enchanting and the Toys R Us 'fine china' is just the best! Thank you so much for coming to my party and for sharing yours. Oh and I hope your hand is better too!

Anna

Emma said...

so cute you had a tea party with your pretty little daughter! sorry to hear to hurt your hand, hope you recover soon.

Unknown said...

what a simply delightful time I had at your party. I understand about the straw family...we have one too!! LOL
Hugs, Seshat
http://seshatmoonwillow.blogspot.com

Linda said...

I think your tea party was perfect because you had the perfect guest!

Cindy Adkins said...

I just popped over to say "hi" and hope all is going great with you!!
XO

Annabelle said...

Sorry to hear of your mishap; make sure to take care of it.
Precious are the memories you make now in sharing your Special Halloween Tea with your little one. Love to have you drop in for a visit if you can find some time. Having a little draw for HALLOWEEN.

( thewoodbeyondtheworld.blogspot.com)

Happy Halloween ~^..^~ 



•*´¨*.•*´¨*~^..^~*Annabelle.•*´¨*.•* *

LYNDY WARD said...

Finally catching up on all the Enchanting Full Moon Tea Parties. Love your beautiful blog, Charlotte's darling & all your PICs. October 23 was my third Blogoversary, so October is a spooktacular Celebration month.

Please fly by for my giveaways too...
Hauntingly Yours, Lyndy

My Haunted Halloween Party Link:
http://bit.ly/dho880
TODAYSGOLD
http://todaysgold.blogspot.com/