Friday, July 2, 2010

Flea Market Friday! I'm Pooped!


Well, I returned to the land of the living today.  With the kidney stone far behind (hopefully never to return), I succeeded in Flea Market Friday!  I spent the day shopping "vintage" style and also managed to sneak into my favorite fabric shop, where I picked up some fabulous yardage as well as a few fat quarters.  During my retro shopping, I focused on purses; so many variations.  While I did not buy any, I photographed a lot of them and will post these tomorrow.  I did purchase a vintage sewing pattern, a few books, and a 1937 McCall's catalogue.  This was my most expensive purchase.


This magazine style catalogue is so cool!  I wish you could see it in person! 

Check out this 1971 Simplicity pattern for bags and spats!  "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!"

Alright, I have got to hit the hay.  I am wiped out!  I will post pictures of the great bags I saw today, as well as some of the other great stuff I found!

Toodles for now.

3 comments:

Theodora quilts said...

Nice catolog, I also love vintage stuff.

Angela said...

Theodora,
I wish you could see it in person! I wish I could take better pictures! The styles are so incredible. The women look feminine, but also assertive and strong at the same time...hopefully kind of like a lot of us..
Thanks.
Angela

Karen said...

Girl!
I grew up in this "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha" world! I sewed those patterns in Home Ec! WHO KNEW???
:) Karen