Saturday, July 10, 2010

Babe...I Got You Babe

Sonny and Cher


Hi Crafters!  I can't tell you how thrilled I am about the response to our Rewind Week!  I have started a link list with all the Crafters who left me a comment in my Friday post.  If I have missed someone or their link isn't working, PLEASE let me know!  Also, if you didn't leave me a comment, don't fret, you can still "sign up."  Remember, you don't have to "Follow Me, " but it'd be cool if you did!  Just give me a shout via comment or email!  I've had a blast reading the comments and emails...I've also loved visiting your blogs, including many, many, Bloggerette Sorority blogs!  I really had no idea just how many beautiful, well written blogs are out there...and so many crafts.  I just love everything I've seen so far.  I am inspired to try different mediums!!!

So why did I choose to start with the 1970s?  Well, first, I will tell you that I am 40!  That means I was born in 1970.  And you didn't think I was good at math!  Well, I'm not.  Anyway, my first memories begin around the middle of the decade.  I remember Jimmy Carter, watching Dolly Parton come down to her stage on a swing, Little House on the Prarie, the Captain and Tenielle, and of course, Sonny and Cher.  As a matter of fact, my sister and I used to pretend we were on the show.  My sister always got to play Cher and I then had to be Sonny.  I guess that was use I was sort of a tomboy.  I used to play in the dirt and wasn't afraid anything...except thunder, vampires, and of course...JAWS. 

My sister and I are just ten months apart. When we were growing up, we fought like cats and dogs, but I remember we also had a ton of fun playing with our cousins.  We played Charlie's Angels.  Yep, my sister got to play the Farrah character, Jill!  I was always Sabrina (Kate Jackson) and Stef was Kelly (Jaclyn Smith)!  I guess that was because Stef and I had dark hair...hmmm.

I'll leave you with another picture with me in it...Several years ago my mother and I dressed up for Halloween.  We decided to celebrate as Sonny and Cher.  Guess what?  I got to be Cher!  Thanks MOM!  I love and miss you terribly.

Toodles for now!

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

Ha ha...Sonny and Cher...what a blast from the past. We used to love watching that show!

I'm glad you had such a good response to your "Rewind Week" and I can't wait to see all the projects. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to make!

BTW, that's a great pic of you and your mom...what a cutie you are!

XOXO,

Cyndi

dree said...

Ang,
You are amazing! If I could go back in time, I would let you be "Jill"!!! I love you!

Kim Collister Studio said...

I am crazy for vintage. Love your blog, following and will be back to check out your post and the blogging sisters! Right now work is calling!
Darn I hate that!

Create With Joy said...

Hi Angela,

I'm a little late to the party, but I am LOVING rewind week! I thought I'd leave my comment here because the Sonny and Cher show is one of my first childhood memories. I loved tuning in each week to see the fabulous gowns Cher would wear. In grade school, my best friend at the time and I even created our own newsletter where we would design gowns in her honor!

I still sport long Cher-like hair and I still get misty inside whenever I've Got You Babe comes on the radio!

Hugs
Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

scarpe hogan
adidas superstar
michael kors outlet
nike factory
mac makeup
adidas originals
replica watches
roshe run
nike air max
canada goose uk
2017.12.27chenlixiang