Saturday, July 31, 2010

Home is Where the Heart Is (and where there are NO giant bugs!)


Quilts and Quilts Store Branson, MO
Hello Crafters!  While my vacation was great, it is sew great to be home!  I absolutely love traveling and experiencing new places, but it is still nice to come home and sleep in my own bed...and use my own shower!

As I hoped, I came across some great fabric finds including the great selection above.  I bought this at a shop that boasts over 1,000 bolts of different fabrics!  This pin up fabric is a fat quarter and I bought these two additional fat quarters:



I'm not sure what I will make with these fabrics, but that doesn't matter!  Aren't they great?! This store has so many fabrics, books, notions, patterns, and quilting "stuff" it was almost overwhelming.  There were amazing quilts on display, however after my experience at another store previously, I did not take any photos here! 

I found some great quilts at an actual retail quilt store.  I took some photos before I was informed that photos were not allowed!  Here are those photos...on the "down-low" of course:


They are gorgeous!  These are just a few of the many spectacular quilts I saw.  I so want to learn how to do this!!

Branson was fun...and hot.  I saw little lizards and big fish and a huge, prehistoric looking creature on the back deck!  YUK!  We had a blast tubing at Table Rock Lake..I will spare you the sight of  swim suit photos...please...you'll thank me.  I worked on my tan, and ate sinfully decadent pastries, including two chocolate covered Twinkies!  Yes, two...I had to compare the milk chocolate to the dark chocolate right!!  I may have to have more just to be certain which is better! 
 
I've spent the morning going through emails and checking out my fave blogs, including fellow Bloggerette Sorority Sister, Cortney's at Living and Loving in California is having her first giveaway!  She is giving away a beautiful crystal necklace and earing set.I've posted a photo and link on my sidebar, even though I plan on winning!  Ha!

I have also checked in with Wendy at Blissfull ATC Swap.  My July ATC was posted and now we are getting ready for the August swap.  I think there is time for more sign ups if you are interested!  It has been loads of fun!  The theme for August is orange...what will I do??

Toodles for now!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go "rebel' taking those black market quilt photos. the fabric you found is great. Can't wait to see what you make with them. No pictures of the twinkies?

Wendy Aspinall said...

I missed you, the swap partners are posted if you want to check it out and I'm with Dina what no photos of chocolate covered twinkies... I hate to think how many calories but who cares I bet they tasted GGGGOOOODDDD


Hugs Wendy

Dogmom Diva said...

Hey Angela. that is one U.G.L.Y. bug..ick ick..sounds like you had a blast on your trip! And that fabric is, well..FAB.

Thanks for stopping by on my Pink Sat beach trip!

have a great week
Barb

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Gorgeous quilts!! I just love quilts ~ so glad you got a few "contraband" pictures!!

Ady said...

welcome home! Love the new fabrics! (and hate the bug! I'm not fond of bugs ... *shudder*)