Monday, July 26, 2010

Two New Bags...and Elvis?


Middletown Journal

Hello from sunny and super hot...Southern Missouri!  My family and I are on vacation in, I guess, the Country Music/Cheesy toupe wearing Capital of the Mid-West...otherwise known as Branson, MO!  It's been great so far and I am so excited to get to spend this time with my entire family.  I can't remember the last time my whole family took a vacation together.  My hubby and I have four kids...his, mine, and ours.  All girls...ranging in age from 21 to 5!  We are also blessed to have my cousin, Stef, and her sweet baby girl, with us, too.  Yes, my hubby is totally outnumbered by the girls, but I think he secretly loves his little "harem." 

So, since my cousin is with me, I can show you the bag I made for her before leaving on this trip.  It was one of those secret projects I was working on.  I really like how the bag turned out.  I only wish I would have had my custom Sew Loquacious stamp before I when I finished this purse.


If you can see it, the button on the band matches the shape of the fabric flower design almost perfectly.  The button serves no purpose, but is only decorative.  This bag is similar to the bag I made from the Goodwill skirt, but I made Stef's bag a tad smaller and also put a magnetic snap in it for a closure.  What do you think about this bag?

Another project I managed to finish before my trip was this makeup bag.  I had been using the same makeup bag for like 10 years!  Can you believe that?  So, I made this box bag based on the Stacy Sews box bag I made a month ago or so.  I am in love with this fabric.  I hope you can see the detail of this design.  It is so great.



Well, that's it for now, but stay tuned.  I hear Branson is ripe with quilt stores, and I am hoping, fabric stores.  Surely I will find some fabulous fabric for my stash right?!


Toodles for now!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a wonderfuly cheesy vacation. I have friends that just got back from Branson and loved it. I really like the fabric choices for both bags you made. It's always nice to have a few new things before going on a trip.

BelleSouth said...

I'm impressed with both bags, and I think the one looks better as a bag than it probably did as a skirt.

All Elvis impersonators look cheesy to me! haha

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela! I love the bag you made - wonderful fabric and style!! Your little makeup bag is so adorable and I do love the fabric!!
Hope you're having a marvelous time!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Ady said...

Hi Angela, Hope you're having a fantastic holiday! I love the bags - the pleated one is just gorgeous! Happy fabric shopping - hope you find lots of good stuff. :-)

Stampindamour said...

WOW!! i love that Vintage Fashion fabric! Very nice! :)

Theodora quilts said...

How wonderfull to be with your family, your cousin is lucky to get such a nice purse, I love that fabric I had seen it from a prior post when your bought it with other fabric and that caught my eye it hase such nice figures on it and the make up bag turned out so nice whith that fabric!! have a nice time!!

Karen said...

Loving BOTH of them. An the more bling on them - the better in my opinion!
Hopefully you'll find some wonderful deals in Branson. I'd be finding al the Goodwills they have! :)
Enjoy your vacation time!
Karen ~ Some days are diamonds

Simply Debbie said...

HELLO ANGELA,
YOU WOULD LOVE PINK SATURDAY...BEVERLY IS VERY ORGANIZED. YOU JUST EMAIL HER YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE AND THEN THE FOLLOWING SUNDAY OR MONDAY YOU WILL GET AN EMAIL FROM HER AND YOU SEND IT BACK LETTING HER KNOW YES OR NO YOU WILL BE PARTICIPATING...YOU HAVE TO LET HER KNOW BY 0800 FRIDAY MORNING.
THEN THE NEW PEOPLE ARE PUT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST...AND EVERYONE WELCOMES YOU.
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE