Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tutorial Posted at Craft Gossip!


Good news and bad news.  First, my Belt Buckle Purse Strap Tutorial was posted at Craft Gossip! Anne Weaver sent me the nicest email.  Her website is great and there is really great information there on all sorts of different crafts.  I hope that a lot of people make a bag using my tutorial.  If you are one of them, I want to see it!  It is really very easy...give it a try.

Okay, now for the bad news.  My cell phone case did not work out very well for me today.  Backstory:  I got the new HTC Droid phone a few days ago and I have been paranoid about breaking the camera or scratching the touch screen.  This is the reason I wanted to make a case for it.  My phone fits perfectly inside my new case butit  really isn't very practical.  I mean, I can't get it out quickly when it rings.  So, while the case protects my phone great, I'm going to have to come up with another design.  The first change I am going to try is simply use velcro for the closure instead of the button.  I've already cut out fabric for two new cases.  I've decided to use flannel instead of batting.  I think this will "de-bulk" the case.  Hopefully, I will finish these up tomorrow.

One last thing...did you notice Wonder Woman's makeover?  Anyone that has been on this blog journey since the beginning knows that WW is special to me.  I only recently changed my profile from her image.  I'm not sure what to make of her new look.  I'm going to have to ponder this new look for awhile before I make up my mind.  What do you think?
NYDailyNews.com
  Toodles for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Part of the fun of Wonder Woman was her sex appeal. I don't like this new look. It could have been done much better and still met the goals of the overhaul. :-)