Friday, June 25, 2010

Can One Have Too Many Purses?

As you know, I normally spend my Fridays shopping at flea markets, thrift stores, garage  and estate sales, as well as vintage outlets.  Today, however,  I was busy getting organized for my own garage sale!  Believe it or not, I have never had a garage sale!  I'm not sure I knew how involved it would be.  Every year my neighborhood has a "hood" sale on the same three days.  I have never participated before, but I decided to have a go this year after my next door neighbor told me she made $400 last year.  Can you believe that?  Even half that would be great for the new camera fund right?  I will keep you posted on well I do tomorrow.  I will also post any items that I don't sell tomorrow in case anyone is interested in cake decorating supplies, gumpaste cutters and molds, pans and stands, as well as vintage cake decorating books.  Sorry, I've just realized if I can clear out this stuff, I would have more room for fabric!!


I stayed up late last night and finished the Simplicity Pleated Purse.  I am really happy with how it turned out.  I found the pattern pretty straightforward and fairly easy to follow, with the exception of the inside pocket.  Luckily, I learned how to do an inside zipper pocket when I made the black and gray purse just last week.  I actually used the zipper from the deconstructed skirt for this inside pocket.  I absolutely love the fabric and to think that the entire purse was made from the fabric of a $2.00 skirt I bought at Goodwill makes it even sweeter!  I will definately make this purse again, but maybe shorten it a bit.  As a vertically challenged person, this bag kind of hangs a bit low for me. 

Have a look at the photos and let me know what you think! 

Notice my Sew Loquacious tag?


Cyndi said...

Well, you know what my answer to your question, "Can one have too many purses?" would be! Uhm, NO!!! LOL!!!

Your bag turned out really cute. I like that fabric.... it works for summer but will also be great for the fall! Great job!

Also glad you're feeling better!



Angela said...

Thanks Cyndi! I CAN'T have too many bags!