Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Simplicity 2616: Done Deal




I hope everyone had a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend.  Mine was spent working.  The long hours paid off and justice has been served.  That said, I spent this evening finishing up Simplicity 2616.  I decided to make View D.  I found the instructions actually fairly easy to follow and didn't run into much trouble at all, although I may not have inserted the elastic tight enough.  If, after I wear the top, I decide the shoulders and neck should be tighter, I will open up the casings and pull the elastic to shorten.  I really like the fabric I chose.  It is a cream colored linen-look with embroidered black flowers.  The downside here is that it is a bit heavy.  What do you think of this look? 
Bottom line on this pattern:  Pretty easy.  I will definately sew another view using a different fabric. 


I'd like to thank Rachel from One Pretty Thing for her kind words regarding my Adjustable Strap Tutorial.  She found my tute at Craftaholics Anonymous and then posted it on her site!  I'd love to see photos of any projects made using my tute! 

I hope you've noticed my "Grab" button!  I finally figured it out!  Yeah!  I was feeling pretty techno hip with this accomplishment until I realized that my "Email Me" button isn't functional!  Any suggestions?

Bye for now.
Angela

No comments: