Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sew, You're Having a Kidney Stone?

Jupiter
I've been in labor for three days.  No, I'm not having another baby, but a KIDNEY STONE the size of JUPITER!  Well, this boulder is definately not going to pass on its own, so I will be having it professionally removed next week.  Aren't I lucky?  Actually, the pain is bearable most of the time as long as I stay on top of it with the pain medication.  So, although I can't go to work while on these meds, I have managed to complete a few sewing projects in between naps.  Let me know what you think (maybe not a good idea to sew and or handle sharp objects while medicated?).

Dana's box Bag

I made this box bag for my hairdresser and friend, Dana.  I bought the fabric months ago knowing that I would make something for her with it.  I came across the tutorial for the bag at Stacy Sews Diary of a Fabric Junkie.  The directions were fairly easy to follow.  I'm sure that I will be making many more of these bags in the future!

Simplicity 2617
I also finished another purse.  I followed the   Simplicity 2617 pattern, however I did not quilt my bag.  I think it turned out pretty nice...and I managed to insert an inside zipper in the lining...a first for me!!
Inside Zipper
Oh, my "big" daughter received the black and white skirt and pink tunic top yesterday.  Suprise!  She likes them and they both fit!  As a matter of fact, she is wearing the skirt now.  Yeah!

Alright, until next time, toodles!
Angela

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch! Oh, I feel for you Angela. Kidney stones are so painful. I'm sorry you have to have it removed surgically, but I guess that beats being in pain!

That little pouch is so cute...I'm sure your friend is going to love it. And you did a great job on your bag - and the zipper! See, they're not so hard, right?

And darn, I was so hoping that your daughter wouldn't like that skirt and top...LOL!!!!

BTW, I posted the tutorial for my wallet this afternoon. Stop over and check it out when you have time!

Feel better!!!!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Angela said...

Thanks Cyndi! Yes, if you have experienced kidney stones and giving birth, it's a toss up as to which is more painful. My vote goes to kidney stones!

Yes, my daughter likes the skirt. You can't imagine how much that tickles me; it's been a long time since I got clothes right with her! Pick out some colors and tell me your size and I would be thrilled to make one just for you!

I saw your tutorial and can't wait to make my own! I will definately give it a go soon and post the pics!
Angela

Teresa's Quilt Stash said...

Poor Angi I feel sorry for the pain your having with that boulder you have going on.
But I am really liking your bags and box bag, they look so professional. Will you show me how to do a zipper?

Teresa

Angela said...

Thanks Teresa! I will show you how to do that zipper anytime!
Angela