Sunday, August 15, 2010

An ATC, A Win, and Paying It Forward

Hello All.  Just a quick Sunday evening post to share a few photos of the gorgeous ATC I received in the mail late yesterday.  My swap partner this month is Anna from Frosted Petunias.  The Blissfull ATC Swap theme was "Orange."  Honestly, I struggled with this theme, but Anna obviously did not!  It is absolutely gorgeous!  I'm sorry my photos just don't do it justice.  Anna sent the ATC tucked inside a beautiful handmade card.  I'm actually not suprised because Anna's blog is truely spectacular.  I've seen some of her work, including some fantastic little paper dresses.  I am so intrigued by these.  I definately want to try making some of my own!   As for the ATC I made for Anna, I sent it Friday, so she should get it early this week.  She'll post it when she does, so check out her blog (and her awesome works) and look for it.
Anna's card

I also want to share that I am a winner!  I'm nice, and darnit people like me...No.  I really AM a winner!  I won a great purse from JRae Designs!  Jill has recently opened an Etsy Store and celebrated by having a giveawayand I won!  Yeah for me!

One last thing...I discovered a great lady the other day at The English Country Garden...In Bags who is doing a PIF.  A PIF is Pay It Forward!  I'm participating in Sammy's PIF by posting about it here as well as  committing to give away a handmade gift to three readers.  It works like this...Sammy will give me, along with two others, a handmade gift.  I will give a handmade gift to three readers.  The other two readers that recieve Sammy's gifts will also give items to three of their readers...get it?  So here are the "official" rules:

 1. The first 3 people to visit my blog & leave a comment here on this post saying they want to participate will receive a homemade gift from me. You are allowed 1 year (according to the rules) in which to send out the gift.  (It will not be that long for me, however)


2. You must have a blog of your own to participate in the PIF.

3. You must post about the PIF on your blog & you must offer the challenge of a PIF.

By accepting my PIF, YOU agree to host a PIF on your blog, you will agree to send a homemade gift (within 1 year) to the first 3 people who sign up on your blog to participate in your PIF & so it continues.

Sounds fun huh?  Plus, you will actually be promoting Handmade.  Cool right?  So, leave me a comment and mention you want to participate in the PIF and POOF, you're in!
 
Thanks again to everyone regarding the Rewind Week.  I really had a lot of fun and am excited to do it again...this time Rewind 1940s!
 
Toodles for now!

9 comments:

Cortney said...

I would love to participate in the PIF! I have an idea for what I would like to make as my handmade gift too! What a great way to motivate me to start creating again! Thanks! Let me know if I can participate in your PIF. I will post my PIF on my blog tomorrow and I'll send you the link, I want to dedicate some time to writing such a wonderful post!

Cortney said...

My PIF is up and running! Thank you again.

http://livingandlovingincalifornia.blogspot.com/2010/08/pay-it-forward.html

Cortney

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Angela:
What a beautiful card Anna created for you!
xoxo
Swap Sister, Donna

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

It doesn't look as if you struggled with your ATC at all...I just visited Anna :))
All the ladies in this swap are super talented ..

(())

Queen of Tides said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today, I love company. Your Orange ATC is wonderful, can't wait to see the one you sent to her. I think the reason I like orange so much now it because the older I become the more observant I become and embracing of new designs and ideas. Or maybe my brain has matured enough to "get" all that orange has to offer?

Polly said...

Hi there, my new friend!! The ATC your received in the swap was so beautiful! I have only made a couple, but think those will definitely not be my last. You all are so talented and here I was, struggling to figure out what glue to use. Paying it forward is such a grand idea and if I knew for certain I would be able to participate I would jump at the chance. I have health problems that I don't feel comfortable talking about ... it's too much like complaining and no one likes a complainer!!! It is just better that I never mention them at all!! I surely can get one ATC done each month. LOL

Petunia said...

I had so much fun doing the swap with you! Thank you for the lovely words and even including my little note card. I loved getting your beautiful card for my first ATC swap!

Mya said...

Was over at Anna's and saw your card. Very pretty and I am wondering if the flower is stiched to cloth or right to the card.
Love the butterflies.

Amy A said...

I'm just getting around to everyone's blogs to check out the "Orange" ATC's. Lovin' them :)