Monday, May 10, 2010

Sew, What's Up?

Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a terrific Mother's Day...whether you are a mom or not! Wow, I've been sew busy (at work) that I haven't been able to get much done in my sewing lair since my last post about Nancy's bag templates. I did manage to finish the bag, but, sorry, I don't like it. I guess it is my own fault for altering the pattern, but I wanted to try making the purse strap adjustable by making it like a belt. I think the strap actually turned out good, but it doesn't "fit" the bag itself. It just doesn't look right on it. I definately like the strap and the hardware. Besides, I got to hammer the eyelets...is there a better way to relieve stress? Well, okay, I can think of some other ways, too!

Besides finishing this "Nancy Z" bag, I also made a top and skirt using some of the fabric I scored during my last Flea Market Friday. I think the outfit turned out super cute and my diva daughter loves it!

May has proven to be a busy month for me. I feel like the month is literally flying by. I have a lot of projects on my to do list and I hope to actually get half of them done. Cyndi at Bluebirdswing is having a busy month as well, but she is having an awesome giveaway on her blog. This month she is giving away some super fabric! I won her April giveaway and scored a terrific purse, wallet, key holder, and journal!



One last thing...even after the halter(s) fiasco, I still haven't totally given up on my quest for my own halter top. Maybe it's because I turned the big 4 0 a few weeks ago and I think wearing a halter somehow makes me younger?? Well, without any more attempts at pychological self-diagnosis or rather, denial, I might try another pattern. I found this one at Cut Out and Keep. It's called a Batwing halter made from a triangle.. check it out at Cut Out and Keep. Seems easy..right?
Angela






4 comments:

Cyndi said...

Hey Angela! I think your bag is cute...like the fabric. Did you quilt it yourself? And is that some of the "famous" Hobby Lobby fabric I spy in the corner of your purse pic? :o)

The outfit you made for your daughter is cute as can be. And I saw that "batwing" blouse pattern on sewing@craftgossip. It's cute...can't wait to see it if you make one!

Good luck in the give away, too.

XOXO,

Cyndi

Unknown said...

Yes, if you look at the right of my bag, you can see part of your goodies!
Hopefully, I will have time to make (or try) the batwing top before summer is over!!

A.

Teresa's Quilt Stash said...

Boy do I feel old, I remember the big 40! Okay where is this Flea Market Friday?
Cute halter.

Angela said...

Teresa,
Flea market Fridays are my shopping trips to score cool stuff at flea markets, garage sales, thrift stores this spring and summer...it's what I do on Fridays...wanna come with me?
A.