Sunday, May 16, 2010

Butterick Pattern B5363 Done!





Wow.  What a busy (and quick) weekend!  I did manage to get my outfit finished...I finished the bottom hem of the jacket about 15 minutes before leaving home for a high school graduation!  I think the outfit turned out pretty good, however, now looking at photos, I realize this ensemble is definately not figure flattering.  I thought I liked empire waists, but really, if you aren't a size 2, and maybe 22 years old, this style should probably not be in my wardrobe.  What do you think?  I did accomplish what I set out to do when I started this project:  the buttonhole - check, matching the print - check (yeah, the tunic is actually two pieces..bodice and skirt), and I got it done and wore it by the weekend - check.  Realizing it looks like a maternity outfit on me - check.

Besides finishing this outfit, I also managed a quick Flea Market Friday run to our local Goodwill store.  I found two old belt making kits for .$49 each and a cool basket.  I want to say the basket a sewing basket, but I think its original purpose was to carry picnic supplies.  It was $2.99 and can be whatever I want it to be right?




I'd like to give a shout out to May at Handmade Matters for posting my adjustable strap tutorial!

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

Angela, you did a great job on your outfit and I don't think it looks as bad on you as you think. That style is really popular and I like it. Maybe it's just the check fabric?

Nice score at Goodwill....that's a great basket and will make a really nice sewing basket!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Angela said...

Thanks! I think the outfit is nice and I'm super excited that I managed to "line up" the check pattern pretty well on the bodice and skirt, but I'm convinced the "portly petite" 40 year olds ought not to wear empire waisted plaid/checket outfits!