Friday, March 5, 2010

A Tutorial....Finally








Well, I wrote a tutorial today about making an adjustable purse strap using fabric slides. I followed Nancy's steps to the letter, except for the length, and the strap turned out great! I'm not sure my how-to explains the process as descriptively as Nancy does in the 12 Easy Sew Bags episode I've watched over and over (and over) again, but I think it comes close. The bag I made (red and khaki plaid) is not from a pattern, although I did use Simplicity pattern #2830 for the size and shape, but the design is my own.
I used this same Simplicity pattern for size and shape for another bag I made this fall. I used bias tape on this bag, which was a first. I really like how it turned out. It is the black and white bag shown above. (I wish I could find a tutorial on how to add photos to posts)
Have a look at the how-to and let me know what you think. I've also added a few project photos of a summer halter top I made out of scrap fabric. I think it turned out really cute. I am definately going to try that one again in an adult size (for me and my tan)!
A.