Saturday, March 20, 2010

Halter Weather?






Yesterday I wore sandals and a short sleeved shirt out shopping. It was 63 degrees in the sexy city. Today it is below freezing and it continues to snow! You gotta love the Midwest!



I started working on the halter a few days ago. I finished up this morning and, believe it or not, no curse words were spoken during this project! I had some trouble understanding the instructions on how to attach the front to the back at the shoulders, but, with some trial and error (big time), I figured it out and then it made sense. Another first for me, was darts! I've shied away from projects, mostly bags, that have darts. This time, however, I read ( and reread) the section in one of my sewing books (Teach Yourself Visually Sewing) about darts and success: darts where they are supposed to be! Now I just need to figure out how to alter this part of the pattern to make the bosom area a bit bigger. The halter fit, but it was snug in this area...or maybe the darts just need to be lowered a little...the model on the cover of the pattern appears to be a wee bit younger than myself! Ah, gravity!
I've added a few photos of two bags I made using a Simplicity pattern for size and shape, but then added my own spin to them by using bias tape on the pockets. Check them out by clicking on Bias Tape Purses.
Until next time, stay warm! Spring will come, I promise.
Angela

2 comments:

Teresa's Quilt Stash said...

I am so proud of you. The halter is fantastic. Also loving the bags, oh yeah and the model looks great too!

Angela said...

Thanks! How was your quilting weekend?