Monday, March 8, 2010

Superhero Retirement?

Are there retirement villages for superheroes? Can superheroes retire? Can superheroes quit and take up hairdressing, bartending, or professional ballroom dancing mid-career? I've been contemplating these issues for the last few days. Today was a doozy and I thought about throwing in the tights and bullet proof wristlets numerous times. I decided, however, that I can't do that. I have been a superhero most of my adult life. I really don't know how to do anything else. Besides, I come by superheroeness rightly. My parents were both superheroes. No, I can't retire. I must trudge along. These last few days have reaffirmed my need for escape to my sewing room, my studio...my lair, I guess. I now pledge: No matter what...I will spend at least 15 minutes in my lair daily...if it is to just sit in peace. I will do this for me. I am afraid if I don't, I might end up, what they used to call, "exhausted." Now, they call it, "cuckoo."

Oh, and I must sew a new purse. The bag I just finished...the one with the Nancy Z. strap, is covered in coffee. Yes, I spilled my coffee on it yesterday...twice. A new bag...maybe out of the Anna Maria Horner fabric?? Yes.

I want to say "hello" Victoria. Welcome aboard. I'm so glad to have you join me on this crafty (and life) journey.

A.

No comments: