Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What's Your Bag?


I guess I'm still thinking of The Charleston, super cool cigarette holders, and flappers because I kept this Art Deco theme going when I created the above ATC for this month's Artful Bag Challenge.  My swap partner is Wendy from Wendy's Adventures in Wonderland.  I just sent her the card; I hope she likes it!  Be sure to click over to Frosted Petunias to check out the other "bag" ATCs!

Speaking of bags, I have been experimenting with my own design for a small gadget/personal items/make up bag.  I'm pretty happy with the size and shape.  I've transfered images (using gel medium) to a few of the bags and then embellished the image with beads, sequins, or just embroidery...like this one:

Here's a closer view:


Here is the the back of the bag:


For the record, I've never embroidered before.  What do you think?  One last word on bags...look at the awesome fabric I bought over the weekend!  It's Echino and too expensive to mess up!  My plan is to make a bag for my daughter.  Wish me luck!



Toodles!
Signature for Blog

14 comments:

webbsway said...

O Angela - what a wonderful memory - I have not heard Tootles in a gazillion years . It put a big smile on my face- thank you for the memory!
Linda

stephanie said...

That girl with the umbrella looks like a spooky :)

Asas à imaginação said...

Oi, Angela!
Seu ATC está lindo, Wendy vai gostar muito!!!
Sua bolsa também está muito linda e seu bordado parece de veterana!!!
Boa sorte com a bolsa de sua filha!!!
Receba meu abraço aqui do Brasil!
Marlei

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

uauuu linda criação!

Anonymous said...

Angela, I really like the make-up bag. Did you do the transfer with your computer? I would like to see how that is done. AND I may have asked you this before...do you sell your totes and such on Etsy or anyplace else?

Linda said...

Oh I like it all!!

Jeanie Callaghan said...

I LOVE your card...and your bag! Great work.

Selma said...

The Artful Bag ATC is very cool and other bags, too.

Donnie said...

Lovely things.

Toni said...

Love your flapper theme on the ATC... awesome job !!!

Liza MacKinnon said...

Hi Gal...I really like the composition of your ATC card - nice and lively and Sparkly! The bags are coming along great too, I like the way you are combining fabrics, transfers and traditional embelishments. What about adding a charm to the zipper -something in the theme - like a mini hand mirror or lipstick charm? Have you finished your art deco dress? did i miss it? and of COURSE you've chosen BAROQUE! now we'll have to be folding tiny paper ruffs and embroidering the undergarments! You are a cruel taskmaster!!
Keep up the great work Angela, i love being involved!
Liza

Electra said...

My goodness, this is some wonderful art!!

Selma said...

ATC is just beautiful and the edges of the stones are lovely.

Vladimir and Stefanie said...

Your blog looks great, I love the heading of it!!! Your bags are awesome!!!