Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fabulous Flea Market Finds


My vacation/stay-cation ends tonight.  Boo.  A few more hours and then it's back to work.  Yuk.  I have had a very nice time these past two weeks.  I have camped, canoed, eaten s'mores, and swam.  I've gotten tan and a few bug bites.  I've also gotten to hang out with my family and I've loved that!  I also got to sneak into a few of my favorite flea markets and junk shops.  That's where I found the Singer Sewing Machine Book.

This book was copyrighted in 1954, but I believe it was given as a gift to "Eleanor" in 1957 because of the inscription:  


I just love finding old handwritten notes.  It's so personal, isn't it?  Besides this awesome book, I also came across some pretty cool purses:



This was my favorite:



And look at these shoes!



Were ladies' feet smaller years ago?  It seems like vintage shoes are all so small!  Hmm.

While this vacation is almost over, I have another week scheduled the week after Father's Day.  So, I guess I shouldn't complain too much!

Tootles!
Signature for Blog

10 comments:

Heather said...

I am glad you had such a good vacation!!!! That is awesome! Very interesting purses and the shoes, they are rather small. maybe women were smaller then, I don't know. It is possible. Have a good week at work and then enjoy your other week off!

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

uauu
Fabulous

Emma said...

so glad you had a lovely stay-cation, sounds really cool!
I love that floral purse, although i'd call it a vanity case!
thank also for the comment on my blog, v.sweet of you.x hope you enjoy your last hours off!!

Bonnie said...

Hi Angela, that sewing book is cool and I love purses and as Em said "vanity cases" we also call them that here. Nice finds!!

Linda said...

That floral purse reminded me of an old jewelry box! About the feet...mine are pretty darn small...so I don't know about that. Have a great day!!

stephanie said...

Feet were smaller. Doorways were shorter. You're not imagining this :)

DeeDee said...

You lucky Girl I am waiting for vacation.. I have a ways to go... love your junk store finds too..so glad you had lots of fun on your staycation.... :D

Anonymous said...

I love your finds!
Staycations are my specialty!

Ciao Bella!

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Plush Possum Studio said...

Thrifty shopping mojo is yours for certain! Love this post. Fun pics. wish I had those shoes.
Rose

Lynn Stevens said...

What great finds, I adore that purse too, Sounds like a wonderful vacation you had!
hugs Lynn