Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ocean Waves Quilt Top


Despite the lack of rain in my neck of the woods the hydrangeas in my yard are in full bloom.  They are absolutely gorgeous.  The colors are similar to those in the fabrics I've used for my Ocean Wave Quilt.  I finished the top yesterday!  Behold:

  
I didn't follow a pattern, but sketched out my ideas on graph paper.  For someone lacking a math gene, this has proven challenging!  However, I'm a pro at making half square triangles and thought they work well as the border around the Wave Block I designed.  The top measures 42" X 42."  I'm really happy with it.  I purchased the back and binding fabric and will hopefully be able to get started on it ASAP.  I've used the back fabric as the binding on all my quilts so far, but for this one, I'm using a different one.


They are both from Hoffman.  The darker one (on top) is called, Cabana.  I'll use this for the binding.  The lighter fabric, for the back, is called, Montego.  Aren't they awesome!?  Of course I'll have to quilt it first!  Any ideas?  

Have a great weekend everyone!

Blog Signature Pin It

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Your ocean waves quilt looks great! I love the shades of blue. Beautiful hydrangeas.

DeeDee said...

So Beautiful and designed by you... great work...

Anonymous said...

Wow, beauty, love these colors. What a great job you did. xox

Linda said...

Your topper looks great! Perfect fabric choices! Your hydrangeas look so pretty...I can't seem to keep mine blue...they have all turned pink...pretty though! have a great day!!

bedroom paint said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

air max, longchamp, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, burberry, cheap oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, nike free, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, nike free, tiffany jewelry, air jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet, nike outlet, prada handbags, michael kors, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, chanel handbags, longchamp pas cher, tory burch outlet, sac longchamp, kate spade outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, christian louboutin outlet, prada outlet, louboutin shoes, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, nike roshe run, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max, louboutin pas cher, ugg boots